IDEA MENA and “Sawti” Association - Sousse Local Chapter cooperated in organizing a discussion panel on "Violent extremism in Tunisia" on Saturday 25 November 2017 from 2 pm to 5 pm.
The panel was composed of different actors in this field:
- Naseem Al-Ruwaisi: Assistant General Secretary of the Union of Intervention Units and Security Officer
- Nasrallah Salem: Director and General Secretary of the Municipality of Nufaida in Tunisia
- Wassila Kika: Media consultant, school and university counselor, counselor in listening offices, active in civil society
- Ossama Riahi: a civil society activist and president of “Sawti” Association - Sousse Local Chapter
- Samira Merai: Political woman, doctor and former Minister of Women, Family, and Childhood
The participants also shared their points of views.
The dialogue treated mainly two points:
- The role of police in ensuring citizen safety and the importance of knowing the difference between maintaining national security and harassing citizens
- The role of the educational institutions in educating future generations and raising their awareness of the issue at hand